We all know that sweating is a natural body mechanism but this can turn into anxious and frustrating condition if it becomes uncontrollable. Millions of people across the globe suffer from this disturbing condition. The excessive sweating also called hyperhidrosis is a cause of low self-esteem and loss of confidence. To make things even worse it, the sufferers avoid social gatherings and meetings due to embarrassment.
The hyperhidrosis is mainly caused by the hyperactivity of the sweat glands which develop excessive sweat as a result. The condition affects almost 1% of the population and affects the face, hands, feet and arms in most of the people.
Although there are many hyperhidrosis treatment options available, but before that it is better to try out some natural remedies for reduction of excessive sweating which is are affordable and easy to implement.
Natural remedies for reducing excessive sweating
- Use of cornstarch: Make use of the cornstarch to control your excessive sweating because it soaks up the excessive perspiration making it easy to manage the palmar hyperhidrosis (Excessive hands sweating). You can also use it for underarms and feet sweating. Apply cornstarch on the affected area and dust off the excess. Use this on a regular basis.
- Rosewater: It possesses astringent properties which help to control excessive sweating. If you suffer from excessive facial sweating then take organic rose water and gently through it on your face. It will help to reduce the size of the skin pores, permitting less amount of sweating to flee. Rose water also has natural antioxidants which help in stopping excessive facial sweating.
- Chamomile: this natural herb has astringent, antibacterial and deodorant properties which effectively help in relieving the issue of excessive sweating. Its anti-bacterial qualities help to get rid of the bacteria in sweat which produce the bad odour. Its astringent properties help to constrict the sweat glands whereas the deodorising properties help to counter the body odour.
You can use chamomile as tea. Take 1tsp of chamomile and boil it in 1 cup of water. Take this tea on a daily basis. Alternatively, take some chamomile tea and let it cool. Apply this solution with cotton balls on the affected areas regularly.
- Taking essential fluids: You may be bit surprised to know that water can help in providing relief from excessive sweating. In order to maintain the normal temperature of the body, it is necessary that you should take plenty of water daily. It will also help to remove the toxins from your body. In addition to water, also take other fluids which will help in compensating the loss of minerals through sweating. Drink lots of coconut water, lemon juice, juice of vegetables and cold herbal tea.
- Take wheat grass juice: It is one of the most effective ways of reducing excessive sweating. The juice of wheat grass helps in balancing the acids and remove toxins from the body which may be a cause of excessive sweating. Its juice is a rich source of vitamin B along with other important nutrients which help in regulating body temperature. Take 1-2 glasses of wheatgrass juice on daily basis. Continue using it until you feel satisfied with the results.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: It is a highly effective natural remedy for controlling excessive sweating. The apple cider vinegar possesses astringent qualities which internally help in controlling sweating. It also helps in balancing the pH levels of your body. Take some apple cider vinegar and apply it with a cotton ball on the affected areas at night. Take a shower in the morning. You can also take a mixture of 2tsp honey and 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar in 1 glass of water and drink it once daily on empty stomach for reducing excessive sweating.
- Use baking soda: another ingredient from your kitchen which can be effective in controlling excessive sweating is baking soda. It has antiperspirant, moisture absorbing and neutralisation properties and because it has alkaline nature, it can also help in reducing pH levels of some parts of the body.Take a tsp of baking soda and mix it with some water to make a thick paste. You can also add some drops of essential oil for a good smell. Apply this solution on the affected areas and let it dry for about 15-20 minutes. Then wash off. Do apply this mixture 3-4 times in a week. Another way to use baking soda is to mix equal amount with cornstarch and keep it in a powder bottle. Use this powder on the affected areas whenever it is required.
These tips will surely help in controlling excessive sweating but if the condition gets out of control, you can seek professional hyperhidrosis treatment from a practitioner.